89 days in Tsuruoka

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Day I Had My Maiden Flight

[Mood: Great] [Mentally: Frozen] [Physically: Shivering] [State of Mind: Thawing]

It was my first time going on the plane. It was nervewreaking, but the presence of my family and friends settled me down. Although it was kinda sad to leave them. After we checked in, the 4 of us went to look for our gate entrance.


We had some time to kill, so while Ronnie used the free calling, the three of us went around the place. We dropped by the Cactus Playground before heading off to board the plane.



I managed to catch the sunrise from the plane as I woke up in the morning. The in-flight screen also shows the real time display of the plane flying.


When we reached Narita Airport, Tokyo, we boarded a bus to go to Haneda Airport. I didn't expect it to be THAT cold, but it was quite an experience. The airport was having what Chin Ho would call as "Short Skirts Galore". And I wonder how they can wear short skirts in a freezing time like this.



Moments after taking off for Shonai, I took pictures of the landscape and clouds. Call me crazy, but I don't care, since it's my first time. I guess what really took my breath away was the first look of Shonai covered in snow.




Akiko-san picked us up from the airport, and drove 2 of us to the campus, witht he other 2 in the taxi. We were introduced to the guest house, which was quite fine, and then brought to meet Gabor. Gabor then showed us around the campus, and brought us out to buy groceries. It was pretty fun, until the cold wind started blowing in our faces. I suffered some very minor scratches due to the snow hitting my face.



At night, the three of us went out to play in the snow. Stepped into a couple of thick layers of snow, payed some snowballs, then build a snowman. Or more like a miniature one. But it was kinda cool.



Ok, I'm feeling really tired right now, and the snow is still falling outside. Yaomin forecasted it to be -10 degrees outside. I just need a hot bath, and some sleep.

1 Comments:

  • Why your snowman does not have eyes siah?!! Hey, take pictures of Gabor, i want to see how 'old' is he ;)

    By Blogger Hiep Le, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home